LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a small-group program developed and established in partnership with the LIVESTRONG Foundation, assists those who are living with, through, or beyond cancer to strengthen their spirit, mind and body. Recent research from the Yale Cancer Center and Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Institute confirmed that LIVESTRONG at the YMCA participants experience improved fitness and quality of life as well as significant decreases in cancer-related fatigue.
The program has served more than 30,000 cancer survivors in more than 400 communities across the nation. It is open to adults 18 years or older at low or no cost.
- 12-week program with two 75-90-minute sessions per week
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
- Evaluation includes fitness and quality of life assessments before and after participation
- Facilitated by YMCA-certified instructors
- Requires referral and medical clearance from a physician