The Y’s Counselor in Training (C.I.T.) program provides teens with training in how to use effective leadership skills throughout their lives and how to effectively lead children. CIT’s are provided with training, leadership, and mentors as they assist in day camp programs and field trips.
CIT’s must attend the training on Sunday May 20, 2018 From 1:00pm-4:00pm that will ensure they are comfortable and prepared to work with youth.
CIT Program Perks:
- Teens will be mentored by positive YMCA role models.
- Teens will have the opportunity to be certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Teens develop and improve leadership skills to use throughout their life.
- Teens develop friendships with other teens that share their passion for working with children.
- Teens gain real world skills that they can use in future careers.
- Teens have fun serving as role models making an impact on the lives of younger children.
- Teens earn community service hours that will help with college applications, presidential awards, and more.
- Applicants must be 13-15 years old.
- Applicants must complete and submit a CIT Application by May 11, 2018.
- Both applicant and parent/guardian must be available and participate in an interview after application has been received.
- Applicant must be able to attend the summer camp staff training on Sunday May 20, 2018 from 1:00pm-4:00pm prior to attending a CIT session.
- Applicant must have a strong desire to work with kids.
Interviews will be offered May 14th 6:15pm or May 17th 6:15pm.
Session 1: June 4-15 Member: $120 per session
Session 2: June 18-29 Non-Member: $130 per session
Session 3: July 9-20
Session 4: July 23-August 4