A Y VOLUNTEER
MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure. The commitment of Y Volunteers are essential to our mission.
VOLUNTEERS AT THE Y
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees;
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community;
- Coach our sports teams;
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smarter life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals;
- Extend a hand to adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier lives;
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and your community; and
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
The YMCA teaches character development and upholds the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in our daily lives. YMCA volunteers are held to this standard to be an example to others. Volunteer opportunities for youth, families, teens, and older adults include:
We believe that people of all ages can develop and grow in spirit, mind, and body. The YMCA helps individuals reach their fullest God-given potential through programs and services that develop values and skills to live a well-balanced life. Personal Development volunteers include:
- Volunteer Coordinators
- Sports Coaches
- Membership Greeters
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Through physical exercise, nutrition, and education, the YMCA assists its members on their journey to a healthier lifestyle. With ongoing support from staff and peers, wellness can be achieved and maintained at the Y. Health and Wellness volunteers include:
- Fitness Floor Assistant
- Sports Referees
The YMCA is in the “relationship-building” business; we know that relationships built at the YMCA can last a lifetime, and we want to help foster healthy relationships to build strong connections and enrich lives. Relationship volunteers include:
- Activity/Event Coordinators
- Annual Campaign Volunteers
- Membership Ambassador
- Child Watch Assistant
The YMCA invests time, talent, and treasure into the communities it serves. We provide many meaningful opportunities to connect with others and make a difference in the area in which you live. Community volunteers include:
- Swim Instructors
- Food Bank Loader
THANK YOU for considering becoming
a Y Volunteer!
Interested in learning more?
Please see Membership Services for an application.
Your time and talents will be greatly appreciated.